Who says that French onion dip is just for chips? Serve these rich, creamy and flavorful potatoes, and make any dinner a party! Makes 4-6 servings.
- 4 large potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 container (8 oz.) French onion dip
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: Green onion slices, snipped chives or shredded cheese, if desired
- Place potatoes and broth in 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Cover with lid, leaving corner open to vent steam. Microwave on HIGH, 16-18 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Add dip and milk. Mash potatoes until smooth and creamy. Microwave on HIGH, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with toppings, if desired. Serve immediately.
*Cutting potatoes into uniform pieces helps them to cook quickly and evenly.
*If your bowl does not have a lid, use microwave-safe plastic wrap to cover, leaving a corner open to vent steam.