Zucchini, carrots and celery are served up together tender crisp with moist chicken and stuffing. A quick and easy one dish meal for the family on the go! Makes 6 servings.
- 1 package (6 oz.) stuffing mix for chicken, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ¼-inch rounds (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lightly spray 2-quart microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 cup stuffing mix evenly over bottom of casserole. Place chicken broth in 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 1-2 minutes or when it begins to bubble. Add remaining stuffing mix. Mix well; set aside.
- Distribute chicken pieces evenly over stuffing mix in casserole. Distribute carrots, celery and zucchini evenly over chicken. In small bowl, mix chicken soup and sour cream; spoon soup mixture over vegetables. Top with reserved stuffing mixture.
- Microwave on HIGH, 16-18 minutes until mixture is bubbling and chicken is cooked. Allow casserole to rest in microwave 3 minutes before serving.
*For those who are health-conscious, use low sodium chicken broth and chicken soup.
*Prepared chicken broth is widely available in re-sealable cartons. This makes it easy to use what you need within your recipes. Then refrigerate any remaining broth for later use.
*Always use completely thawed chicken when microwaving. Using partially thawed or frozen chicken may alter times required to cook thoroughly.