These tarts are devilishly rich in chocolate–thank heaven they are so easy to make. Makes 4 tarts.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 squares (1 oz. each) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 4 mini graham cracker pie crusts
- (Optional) whipped cream and strawberry slices
- Place whipping cream in 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 1- 1-1/2 minutes or until cream begins to bubble. Add chopped chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Evenly fill pie crusts with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate 2-4 hours or until filling is set. Top each tart with whipped cream and strawberry slices, if desired.
*Premium baking chocolate bars and squares are widely available in the baking section of supermarkets.
*If refrigerating tarts for a longer period of time, remove from refrigerator 45 minutes before serving.
*If chocolate does not melt completely, return bowl to microwave. Microwave on HIGH, 20-30 seconds, stirring at end of cooking until chocolate is smooth.