Ever hear holiday songs and wonder, “what in the world are they talking about?” Take for example, the lyrics to the 12 Days of Christmas. French Hens? Turtle Doves? No thank you. I’d rather have something a little more useful. So in honor of the holidays, here’s a list of 12 must-haves for the garage. Perhaps you can send this list to your “true love” as a hint.
1. Garage wall system – Helps to turn walls into vertical storage space.
2. Hooks and baskets – Easy access for items that get the most use like sporting goods.
3. Door Mat – Your garage oftentimes doubles as an entry into the home. A door mat keeps the house clean.
4. Clear bins – Forget cardboard! Go with clear bins so you can see what’s inside.
5. Bike Storage – Get bikes up off the floor with a bike hook or specialized claw.
6. Lighting – Install appropriate lighting so it’s easy to find things at night or during the winter.
7. Color – Add a bit of style by painting the garage walls.
8. Tool Storage – Tools are handy, but hard to keep track of. Invest in a Tool Chest.
9. Recycling Bins – Keep the recyclables near the garage door so it’s easy to take out to the curb.
10. Stools – The hood of your car will thank you. So will your feet.
11. iPod Dock/Speakers – If you spend time on projects in the garage, a little music makes time fly.
12. Flooring – Cement floors are eyesores. Give the garage a polished look with tile flooring.
And there you have it. A little holiday inspiration for the garage!